#KidPitLit will be held twice a year for one day. You must pitch a book that is finished and as polished as you can polish. Make sure that you use the appropriate hash tags for your pitch to help agents and publishers find your book faster.
If agents see a pitch they like, authors will send queries and go through the normal query process.
So, what's in it for you? You can add to your query: You liked my pitch during the #KidLitPit. You will also know that you have a winning concept.
Pitch Event: What You Need to Do
· Make sure your pitch is read for the event. It will start from midnight to 11:59 GMT
· Check the different hash tags to include in your pitch
· Use the general hashtag #KidLitPit
· Tweet your pitch no more than three times.
· You can pitch more than one manuscript but don’t tweet more than three times.
· Use moodboards and commissioned art, but remember, this is an event for children’s work – no offensive images
· If an agent likes your tweet, please follow their submission guidelines. They may post their own submission guidelines so remember to check their Twitter profiles.